Monday, October 13, 2008

Who Am I?

I am Gabe Nevills. I am 19 and currently enrolled at the University of Oregon, majoring in film studies. This is my first blog and I am looking forward to it. This blog is actually an assignment for a journalism class but nevertheless I am excited. I enjoy writing but generally don't do it often in my spare time. This blog will be a great opportunity for me to write regularly and maybe change some habits. My interests range from basketball to star wars and anything in between. 
As far as my political views are concerned, I lean strongly to the right. I do have a few liberal views but I consider myself more traditional in my beliefs. I come from a strong family environment. My parents aren't divorced and took the kids to church every sunday. I am the youngest of four. I lived in Portland until I was ten and then moved out to Beaverton/Hillsboro area. I played varsity basketball at Aloha High School and graduated in 07. Right out of high school I wanted to major in history. I have always been fascinated with U.S. history. I attended Warner Pacific College my freshman year. It was close, small, christian, and liberal arts. While I was at Warner, I discovered my love for film. I loved watching and analyzing movies. I wanted to learn how to write a screenplay, film a shot, and edit the whole thing. Warner didn't offer anything like that so I transfered to Oregon where they have a terrific film studies program(and it's a whole lot cheaper). That's how a conservative guy like me ended up at a liberal place like Eugene.
As for the purpose of this blog: The purpose is to address social and political issues as well as the assignments given in class. I am a passionate writer with passionate beliefs so every blog should be a fun read. 
That's all for now.
Gabe Nevills

 
     

No comments: